Peri Peri Hummus And Pita from Nando's

I had been wanting to try this particular appetizer from Nando's for quite some time because I'd never tried hummus. Nando's version is apparently "a peri peri spin on a classic!" so I decided eh, why not?

The hummus comes in a bowl along with four quarters of toasted pita bread. The pita was not dry even though I expected them to be. They were soft and light. Hummus is a strange dip made with mashed chickpeas, and the Nando's version of it had a bit of peri peri sauce on it (just a little bit though) and olive oil too. You're supposed to pick up some of the hummus with your pita bread and bite it off. Once I dug in, I noticed a delicious sour flavor which totally made me gobble the whole thing up in a short span of time! This was a little more "Indian" than Portuguese or even Arabian (as hummus originally is). It took absolutely no time to finish up the whole thing! It's not too filling, so foodies can order a main meal after sharing this!

The only thing I didn't like about the appetizer was the serving amount. There was a lot of hummus and not enough pita bread to finish it up with. I had to finish them up with fries. They tasted good with the fries too! I do wish they would provide two more quarters of pita bread!

Overall, a great sour appetizer if you're in the mood for something tangy!

Price: Tk 99/- (excluding VAT)

Rating: 4.5

1 comments:

Sheikh said...

Nothing better than Arab particularly Lebanese Hummus ! We eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even snacks...
We use 'kaboos' instead of pita (A picture would be helpful)...

August 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Post a Comment